Have you noticed that some people in your organization can be counted on in critical situations to consistently deliver a stellar performance? These people seem to play the game at a higher level. Liz Wiseman calls them Impact Players. In her latest book, Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact, Wiseman explains what these people are doing differently to offer peak performance.
Based on the kind of extensive research we’ve come to expect from Wiseman, she identifies five ways Impact Players are different from other people.
- While others do their job, Impact Players figure out the real job to be done.
- While others wait for direction, Impact Players step up and lead.
- While others escalate problems, Impact Players move results across the finish line.
- While others attempt to minimize change, Impact Players learn and adapt to change.
- While others add to the load, Impact Players make heavy demands feel lighter.
Furthermore, Wiseman reports that when leaders offer a little coaching, all employees can develop the mindset they need to begin to contribute their best. The book includes 25 stories of top performers in action that will inspire you—and make Wiseman’s book impossible to put down.
For more information about Liz Wiseman, visit www.thewisemangroup.com
To hear host Chad Gordon interview Liz Wiseman, listen to the LeaderChat podcast and subscribe today.
About the AuthorMore Content by Vicki Stanford